Hello Henry ...

Due to my wife's significant disabilities and poor health, I don't get on the forum a lot these days. But when I saw you had posted a new one, I came right over to have a listen. I love your vocal styling and your arrangements. This is a super song with a lot of vocal dynamics and a lush mix. Everything is well-balanced and holds it's own space. The b/g vocals are stellar!

I hear almost as much DoWop as I do RnB/Soul. I understand that DoWop was the immediate predecessor of 60s and 70s RnB, but this particular song comes across to me as the musical era when contemporary music of the time had started to redefine DoWop and move it into the RnB arena. Thus, I see a melding of the two styles/genres here. For me, this song would have been a marvelous transition song of the time. And it's a wonderful trip back to that time. These 73 year-old ears aren't what they used to be, but this is how I heard your song. I gave it three successive listens!

BTW, I was a lead guitar player in several country bands for nearly 50 years and country all I ever played professionally. But I always had a deep appreciation and love for this style of music. I'd come home from a gig and put on an Al Jarreau, Platters, or Temptations, etc. album and just chill.

Although your voice is a bit softer and higher than his, your vocal styling reminds me a lot of Tony Williams, the late lead singer of The Platters. And the backing tracks, to my ear, are reminiscent of some of the The Five Satins later recordings. In my book, that's a pretty dang good combo!

A wonderful song you've crafted with a really "sweet" delivery. Thanks for a terrific listen! I guess I've rattled on enough. Wishing you the best and please be safe.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 08/23/20 02:05 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops