I'm using a focusrite scarlett solo usb interface. It is essentially my "soundcard" and installed PnP with no issues and has worked well (except for rare driver drop-outs easily corrected).

However, when attempting to record in Reaper (something I have never done yet), there is a serious lag between sound entry and hearing my vocals in the headphone monitors--something in the area of a second or maybe even two. I expect such a lag would be in the recording as well, but I haven't tested that out.

I am guessing there is some setting I have not set correctly, even though Reaper recognizes my Scarlett solo as the audio input device. But I don't know WHAT settings, nor if they are settings for the Scarlett in Windows 10 or settings in Reaper.

In either case, I am at a loss as to where to look, what to look for, and what (if anything) to change--not in Windows 10 and not in Reaper.

If you have a clue, please go easy with me on the techno-babble. I'm barely a musician and not at all a technician.

The computer is almost new and should be powerful/fast enough to handle what I'm throwing at it. I've recorded on 1/4 this machine without issues.

Life rarely allows me to do anything easily the first time, so this is what it is. I hope I can easily remedy this and record as easily as I once did in Acid Pro. Frustration levels are high, and I'm not going to fight this forever. Nobody wants to hear me sing any more than I do.

ps. Please don't get me started on trying to record in BIAB. I can't seem to even get so far as sending a signal there.

Last edited by Tangmo; 08/30/20 06:11 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground