Hello forum friends. Just listened to a whole bunch of great songs here! Will continue to catch up this week. There are lots of things that inspire songs. This one was inspired by a film about the late 60's in Laurel Canyon, called Echo in the Canyon. For me, although misrepresented in the lyrics, I was a bit late in my appreciation of that era until about 3-5 years later. But, the wonderful music of that era speaks to me like no other music does. It was as if God shone his light in that small and beautiful geographic location for a moment in time. If someone gave me one trip in a time machine, I would choose there and then. Seeing the film makes me ecstatic, and at the same time tearful, because I feel a sense of loss for a scene I never got to experience. After seeing that film, I had to write a song to capture it within myself. After seeing the movie a 4th time, I realized that there were two scenes which inspired it. One is the song Going Back by the Byrds written by Carole King (one of my musical soulmates) and Gerry Goffin. I didn't realized until later that the theme of going back to a time of innocence was echoed in my song. The other scene in the film was when Graham Nash said "I truly believe music can change the world", and he, with emotion that you could see almost swollen him whole, "I'm not letting this go". That part was also subconsciously taken by me for this song. Really hope you like it, and please comment if you can. I was so pleased with the wonderful response to Whatya Done!! Take care all.

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/never-letting-go-of-the-dream

Last edited by Greg Johnson; 09/05/20 03:57 PM.