Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
mike.
have you ever tried reaper?

I would never recommend an app or an interface to a beginner that doesn't have phone support.

Ever.

I've made my reasons clear.

What I might do for myself has nothing to do with anything. With over 50 years experience in the record industry and using DAWs for nearly half that time, I am no beginner.

There's a large community who thinks that all you need is an iPhone, ear buds and GarageBand. They are happy with the music they make and I'm not going to tell them they're wrong. I don't think they are except that I believe an iPad is better smile

In fact, I'm about to knock out guide tracks for a band I work with using my iPad only. The other tracks will be created on iPhones, an old Boss recorder, an M2 into a Mac Mini and one of those Steinberg interfaces you like into a MacBook Pro. I'll assemble the results in my studio. All were beginners in March except myself.

Again, because you didn't understand me the first time: What a person wants to do with a recording setup makes all the difference in what a person needs. There is no "one size fits all" here.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5