Hi all, I’ve just discovered the web site - bandlab.com/mastering - it lets you upload your mixes and then gives you 3 basic options in mastering sounds to listen to then download – it’s free and no account needed to just test it out.

I’m sure many experienced users probably wouldn’t need it, but for me I think it helped to add some polish to my efforts so far, so it may be of use to others who find the dark arts of mastering overwhelming.

The 3 options are CD Quality, Bass Boost and Enhanced Clarity so if you don’t want too many choices it’s a good starting point, and it also helped me pinpoint some issues in my draft mix before adjusting and re-mastering.

I’ve put an un-mastered and a mastered version online of a song I've just used it on at https://www.djhsongs.co.uk/bandlabtest but if you do take a listen please mind your ears as the mastered version is a lot louder. I used the CD Quality setting on this song.

It's definitely worth a test and think I'll be using it on my future recordings.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
David

My BIAB Songs

BIAB 2021 PlusPAK, Reaper, W10