The BIG issue I've had with RealDrums of late, other than the frequent use of very clicky kick drums or excessive hihat level - both of which can be addressed by careful EQing, is a rather narrow stereo image. On my most recent track the cymbals were in the centre of the stereo image. This may be the eccentricity of an individual drummer but it's been the similar with the last couple of songs I've used in BIAB.
Using a stereo expander VST isn't a real solution as it's moves sounds into positions that may not be realistic. In most modern rock iterations a kit's L & R extremes are determined by the stereo overheads plus, occasionally, a wide tom spread.
If the RealDrum track had a notation as to the recording method used..."Recorderman", "Glyns Johns method" or using a BIAB determined nomenclature would be handy. Similarly I'd like guitar tracks described by the guitar type - or at least pick ups used as well as the regular info.
Now, I may seem picky, I am, but I've also used BIAB RealDrums in many situations where real, GOOD drummers are impressed - particularly as RealDrum tracks rarely suffer from over playing or unnatural patterns.

Last edited by rayc; 10/06/20 12:59 AM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe