Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Toontrack ships a 250gig 48kHz/24bit USB 3.0 drive for Superior Drummer 3.

250gb of 24/48k stereo audio translates to around 241 hours of audio, assuming the drive is 100% full and only contains audio files - they actually advertise only 230gb of audio content, so it's more like 221 hours. Band-in-a-Box has 3,100 hours, hence the 2tb drive for 16/44.1k.

Originally Posted By: MovingAir
Yes, that would get quite sizable. What about an option to ship BIAB on a 3.5" internal drive that people can install into their computer, rather than a more expensive external drive? I always transfer it onto an internal drive anyway. Then you could put it on a 4TB HDD for the same cost as what you're probably paying now for the 2.5" external drives.

An internal drive is definitely not happening - can you imagine requiring the average user open up their computer to install a hard drive? Like MarioD mentioned, most of our users are running laptops, so that wouldn't be possible anyway. We could theoretically use a 3.5" external drive, but that would require an external power supply for it.

External 2.5" 4tb drives already cost about the same as a 3.5" 4tb internal anyways, so it wouldn't make much difference in price.

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
+1 4TB 3.5" internal drive
Not sure what the shipping weight difference would be ?

A 3.5" drive weighs 1.3lb vs a 2.5" drive weighs 0.3lb.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
This assumes that the user has the capability to install an internal drive, has the power supply to run it, and is not using a laptop.
But I would go with that as an optional purchase.

Even being optional and with numerous disclaimers, some customers who don't have the capability or necessary hardware to install an internal drive would still end up buying it, and then we would have to try to support these customers. Definitely not happening.

I work here