THANKS ! yes you are both right. HOPE thanks !
I remember the Audiophile drive being 3.5" it was that shiny black enclosure with the little fan. It was USB 2.0 so I took it out of the enclosure and put it in the PC.
An yes there have been good changes in the last few years, there was a lot of resistance by PG to go 64bit but Apple forced the 64bit version of Biab we now have.
Let's not stop, more HOPE PLEASE.
48kHz/24bit should not have to be forced by Apple, it should be available now.
Sorry I am just shell shot from years at it. Positive things lift me up, negative things get me down, and God knows we all need positive things now.

And here is one a wise man just gave me
Quote:
There are many music-tech forums with a lot more energy and life than remains in the old PGMusic Forum.

that is so true and PG needs to ask why.

I will give another example.
I went to the Ardour forum trying to get them to add GUI scripting so I could port ReaTrak into it as they have extensive Lua bindings for Lua scripting (thanks to Robin over there !), though you can only choose from 9 at a time, but anyway it turned into a huge fight with the old guard, same in the Mixbus forum, so I gave up.
You just need to compare the number of Reaper users, and Reaper was released a year after Ardour and 100 years after Biab, look in the forums. Reaper like Winamp is made for users to tweak it how they like (and how popular was WinAmp ?) but to do that that with Ardour you need to know C++ and compile it.
Maybe Justin had that problem with the old guard so decided to build his own DAW. You don't get old guard in the Reaper forum blocking things from happening, same in RapidComposer.
PG and Ardour(even being free) needs to ask why is Reaper more popular, has Justin seen the light ?