Hi guys,

To David's comment, actually I would prefer a acoustic drum kit. a mid 1960's Sonar and also while we are at it a Gretsch of the same vintage...lol I just don't have the room or the money for that! I do have the room for the Hi Hat and a midi kit would do most everything else. I also currently have a small drum pad on a AKAI keyboard. I can put the kick and the snare where I need them,more or less, but I have not found a way to close the Hi Hat to make it "sizzle".

To Mario's comment, thanks, I also have a good bit of grovemonkey stuff. I have EZDrummer, Addictive Drums, and several other drum programs. I find them pretty difficult to use. In some ways they are like BIAB, what you want may in fact be there. Finding it becomes the issue.

To Eddie...It is in this case only about sound and a certain technique to produce it. It is not super difficult to learn to do on a Hi Hat. Most any drummer would know how. The sound in question is produced by closing and striking the the Hat while opening it very slightly so that both cymbals vibrate against one another. The pattern of closed hits interspersed with the "sizzle" sound defines what one is looking for. It would take me about ten seconds to show you and the rest of the day to explain it writing...lol

I really don't understand why we are still operating in the stone age on all the forums. We have free video/audio tools to use.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo