Hi Bud,

My point is we are generally dealing with issues of how to operate BIAB and other software. We are also dealing with how to play certain things on drums, guitars, piano, and so on.

What takes a huge amount of time to communicate in writing what can be communicated in minutes or seconds via video in many cases.

You see and hear the other person and the sounds they are making. It is a way to interact that is available to many of us at no extra cost. Depending on where you live in the world the bandwidth needed to do this can cost more. So in those places it may not be viable.

Programs like Skype and Zoom and google duo are free and give us the opportunity to discuss things live in real time, one on one or in a group. It is not exactly like all showing up to someone's house, but it is the next best thing. It changes the whole relationship. You get to know people on a much more personal level. Friendships develop, meetings in person are an outcome that sometimes happens even when the two people are in different parts of the world and there are ways to do that safely.

I met a guy on a forum who plays bass. We played together on Skype. He lives in Italy. In the course of us playing together his kids and wife came into view at times. I got to meet them. When I went to Europe the last time we all met up and had a wonderful time together. Same thing with a guy I met from Canada. When he came to Florida he came to visit me. We rented motorbikes and went to the keys. Fun stuff.

I totally get that some people want to be anonymous. Nothing wrong with that.

What I would like to see is a video chat box for people who would like to use it in forum software. It does exist. This is a global request having nothing specifically to do with BIAB forum. It is not rocket science and it would not be very expensive in most cases.

Cheers,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo