I have seen what to me at least is pretty strange ways of communicating. Two girls setting at Starbucks for more than thirty minutes at a table one foot across texting to one another.

I ask my resident teenager consultant about the issue. She said it is the prefered way to communicate and the most fun. It did not require a lot of understanding of the English language and the ideas were more inferred than described.

How someone finds learning new things is different for any one person. I had two Phds in linguistics teach me Spanish. The first thing they did was test me to see what type of learning method worked the best. Visual, speaking to me, reading, writing and so forth.

I have read a substantial number of books trying to learn something new and in general is my prefered method also. I get irritated pretty fast with the youtube videos explaining something when I am two minutes into the video and the person has not said a word about the subject matter at hand...lol If I could talk to this person and I could see what he was doing I would say to him "look man, all I want to know is where the any key is"...lol Press any key, I assume you get the joke...lol On the other hand, it is much easier for me to watch someone's hands on a guitar than have it explained in a book, even in standard notation.

My desire for video contact has been exacerbated by the Covid-19 issue and exposure to the now widely accepted use of video telemedicine.

We are becoming more isolated by the minute, especially here in the United States. It is not safe to go listen or play indoor live music. It's not safe to go to our friends house.

Many of us are relegated to living vicariously through the internet at this point in our lives for many reasons.

If not for Covid-19 this conversation would have never taken place because at this time of year I would have been in Europe seeing my friends live and in color...lol Eating altogether too much ice cream and drinking way too much Italian coffee...lol Playing some music, walking around in the plazzas listening to live music and generally being social.

I'll come back around to the original post idea, a desire for a certain drum sound. I could have described that over video and people would have understood what I was looking for without issue in seconds.

The best to everyone who may be struggling with the isolation of Covid-19.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo