Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I use an iPhone app to check exposure. My audiologist said to not exceed 80db avg at any time if I want to retain what’s left of my hearing.

There are several high rated accurate apps available. I also have it on my Apple Watch.

Bud

FYI. Unless you have a calibration procedure for your particular phone model and the response curve of the mics in your phone are known, the accuracy of these apps is nearly useless for protecting your hearing from further loss. Reference NIOSH reports from the 2014 NHCA conference for the pitfalls of trusting apps. You would be much farther ahead using an inexpensive SPL meter that has a known calibration. Parts Express and Amazon have some rather inexpensive ones that will be much more accurate than your phone app

Old data. Six years in tech world development is enormous - 2014 from a tech perspective is the ice age smile Some of the latest apps are used in a variety of professional applications. Simply search on decibel meters for IOS and include 2020 in the search.

Bud