Originally Posted By: Graham W

As you know, I don't want to spend unnecessary hours on the technical side of things, I just want to create my backing tracks. I'm far more of a musician than a computer guy. But I'm forever grateful for guys like you who understand these dark arts...!

And here is the catch 22. You have a learning curve on any DAW, RealBand, Garage band, etc. If you just want to take whatever BiaB gives you and play along with it go with the Mac: Note I am assuming that you know a little about Garage Band. You would transfer the audio files to Garage band and record/jam along there. OR if you only want to jam along and/or record one new track then you can do it in BiaB. Note I only know the PC side of BiaB so I am assuming you can also record on the Mac sid.

But if you want to adjust some of the BiaB tracks, that is regenerate parts of a track(s) to better suit the song, and easily add more BiaB tracks then you need RealBand. BUT as I said there is a learning curve in any DAW so you must become familiar with your computer and your software.

Also don't forget that there is a learning curve with BiaB also. In BiaB I just add chords, pick a style, then transfer everything to my DAW. I only use about 10%-15% of what BiaB can do but that fits my needs and workflow. YMMV

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware