i'm installing BIAB 2020 For Mac ... doing the 1st option (leave almost everything on the BIAB disk) ... followed all default options ... got an error message ...

Unable to open file /Volumes/Band-in-a-Box UltraPak/Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Data/RealTracks/Subs.txt Press Ok to ignore and risk data corruption, or Press Abort to kill the program

Have talked to Tech Support for hours without solution

Has anybody else had this problem and resolved it ... Any help would be much appreciated

iMacPro running OS 10.15.7 (Catalina)

PS Noticed A BIAB FAQ

NEITHER OF THESE 2 ISSUES ARE APPLICABLE

62. I've installed Band-in-a-Box, but when I try to run it I get error messages and the program doesn't open properly. The errors may refer to folders not being present or writable and/or refer to several missing files.

There are two main reasons this could happen.

- You are running Band-in-a-Box.app outside it's folder. Band-in-a-Box.app needs to stay inside the Band-in-a-Box folder (/Applications/Band-in-a-Box/). You can make an alias of it if you want to have a shortcut on your desktop.

or

- The hard drive you have Band-in-a-Box on was formatted with a case sensitive file system. This is not very common. You can check this by selecting the hard drive on your desktop or in Finder, and going to the File menu | Get Info (Command+I is the keyboard shortcut). Apple's Disk Utility gives you the option to format with case sensitivity. What this means is that file.txt, File.txt, and FILE.TXT are all unique filenames. Band-in-a-Box does not support this, and needs to be used on a case insensitive formatted drive.

Case sensitivity can occasionally be an issue when running Band-in-a-Box from a network drive, with some network devices. Check the settings on the device that's hosting the network share and/or use smb file sharing protocol instead of afp. This is not common.

Last edited by JDW; 11/19/20 07:01 PM.