I don't understand what that limited amount of testing would accomplish. Are you going to stand there and download VST instruments so the store computer has everything you do at home? That's when the buggy stuff starts showing up, when you introduce outside software, do a lot of key transposition, tempo changing, etc... You'd need to tie that computer up for hours testing it trying to break it. Unless you are in a really small town with a shop that is a computer version of a mom and pop grocery store, I can't imagine they would allow that.

So because I don't know where you live, all I can say is that there isn't a store within 250 miles that would allow someone to bring software in from outside and load it on a computer. Not because they are nasty and hate customers, but once you do that, use it, load and delete a bunch of software, that computer legally has to be sold as used. Not to mention the risk of introducing a virus or malware that then spreads to any computer on their network.

But, as usual... whatever. I can just say that if it was my store I wouldn't allow it. Just invest in your music and buy the battleship. Intel i9 or i10, 64gb of RAM, beefy video card, SSD for the OS drive, at least one 2TB storage drive... A Volkswagon is never going to outrun a Porsche 911.

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/28/20 11:30 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.