There are several updates I think make upgrading worthwhile. Here are some that come to mind:

01) The audio editor can now be used on any track.
02) Hi-Q or high quality pitch and time stretching algorithm is available for RealTracks and RealDrums rendering.
03) 16, 24 and 32 bit audio is supported. The rendering default is now 24 bit.
04) Audio rendering is faster and more efficient.
05) Mute and solo mixer settings are song preferences instead of global preferences.
06) When rendering separate track audio files flat and center settings can be used for each track instead of the mixer settings.
07) A track setting enables BiaB to automatically fix "bad" notes in a RealTracks chord so the chord matches the chord sheet. A user can also use the audio editor to manually fix a chord in a audio file.
08) Either the default midi synth or a plugin midi synth can be selected on a per midi track basis.
09) Multiple plugin windows can be open at the same time.
10) You can now copy and move audio from track to track the same as you midi.

Especially when it comes to audio, there is much less reason to move to a DAW other than personal preference. Many things users previously used DAWs for can now be done in BiaB. Not only is there more audio functionality but rendered audio and audio playback will sound better.

My personal opinion is this release is one of the best and most important releases. Improving the audio engine opens to door to a lot of feature improvements and changes that were not previously possible.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home