Please.. I BEG BEG BEG you... another infuriating.. frustrating... hair pulling out... cursing day with this program that I use to teach nearly every day... opening it up.. when it will open.. the interface is the opposite of set up for how i would use it... massive fonts... none of my recents and preferences cause i have to delete that folder... i fumble and try to get it useable as my students are paying me 70 dollars and hour to futz around with it... what the heck is going on over there!?!?!

it has been OVER A MONTH since Big Sur was released?

This is SOOOO frustrating...

I just want it to work but it sure would be magnanimous of PG to offer some sort of refund or future credit for long time users like I who have purchased EVERY update and EVERY real track etc... thousands of dollars in total....

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

A month now.... I know you are all good folks and the program is great when its working but a MONTH after the release.. a MONTH.... I apologize for the tone but I am SO FREAKING frustrated that this has not been fixed yet when it is a program that is INTEGRAL to my teaching business...