Hi,

Gee after using BIAB since 2012 I have just come to realize I really should go back and watch the beginner videos...lol. They say "if you want to learn a subject well then teach it". That certainly proved correct on this one :-) I am preparing an instructional email with video links for my Jazz Jam Club Members after three of them have all of a sudden shown interest in getting BIAB (I expect more of this happening). So while selecting good videos to watch I stumbled on the triplet entry as described in the subject. I actually posted to the wish list for this feature and got zero responses so I figured I should point it out.

This video link jumps you directly to where it shows you how to add a triplet into a song that has Latin backing tracks with 1/16th note vertical dividing lines. I tried it and it works. I also attached a picture of how you can use this to create what is essentially a funny looking 1/4 note triplet but it sure looks a lot better than the method I was using to do this with the Piano Roll. Now I have to change my email to the members...lol. This discovery causes me to consider BIAB better than MuseScore for creating notation to print (however MuseScore can have guitar tabs under the notation as well and all sorts of other staff combos so maybe not - depends on what you want to do - I use MuseScore to document guitar practice exercises).

Hope this helps someone,
John

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
EnteringOneQuarterNoteTriplet.png (278.4 KB, 44 downloads)

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles