Charlie.
with respect, in any exchange of ideas , one always has to look at the other persons viewpoint.
believe me, time and again ive tried to find a use for the medley maker.
AND DESPERATELY TRIED MIGHTYLY TO SEE YOUR VIEWPOINT. MANY MANY TIMES !
but it just doesnt meet my needs.
PLEASE look at pipelines graphic with TABS AT THE TOP OF CHORD VIEW. I FAR PREFER IT.

actually i'm surprised you wouldnt want this tabbed chord view, cos it DOES follow IN THIS CASE YOUR IDEA OF DOING ALL OF A SONG IN BB. and would lessen daw interraction.

the whole idea of tabs in the chord view, is an organised approach (please read up thread) so each tab in chord view
equates to a marker in ones daw. for example if i want a tab in bb that says verse 3 or outtro or whatever
that corresponds to the same marker tab in the daw. (in my case in reaper verse 3 or outtro whatever the case.)

I KNOW YOU SAY ONE CAN DO ALL IN BB CURRENTLY , BUT IT ISNT THAT SIMPLE WITH RESPECT. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.
lets look at why , in my case i use reaper with BB providing the RT's etc. WHY ??
1. i can move audio around way more easily than i can in bb.
2. i can test out plug ins much more easily. easily swapping them in/out.
3. i can lay down traks/mix much more easily, and finesse things like audio clip fade ins/outs and clip properties .
as well as use automation and so many other features. just to name a few. and my workflow is faster and more fluid.

THUS I USE BB FOR WHAT ITS BEST AT.
AND REAPS FOR WHAT ITS BEST AT.
PLEASE LOOK AT PIPELINES TABBED CHORD VIEW GRAPHIC.

happy new year.
muso.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)