Charlie.
ok. lets debate this further. a la university. i miss those days. lol.
your position, correct me if i'm wrong , is. it can all be done in bb.
if that was the case, why are you seeing bb users useing other compositional products ? eg mac people useing performer and logic and others.
some people (eg bb users) are useing recent entrants like rapid composer, scalar etc etc.
and more and more i'm seeing compositional apps starting to appear for phones and tablets.
to be fair, you might reply, "they havent discovered all the things bb can do". thats fair comment.

BUT, actually charlie i'm trying to protect pg long term.
follow my logic.
there are many what if scenarios for the future in a strategic marketing sense.
1. as bb moves into the daw space; what if a major daw vendor with loads of tech talent decided to move into the
bb accompaniement space ? some daws already have a basic chord trak for example.
2. what would happen if a daw vendor found a way to directly read bb styles, and load up the audio ? with a chord trak ? and "bobs your uncle. charlies your aunt".
see where i'm going with this ? see what i'm getting at ?
the strategic implications are obvious. its a very competitive market.
thus i'm worried for my friend bb that ive known for ages.

in summary, my position is that pg/bb must move to a more aggressive development cycle, so some users dont feel the need to look around for other products.

to give you an idea of my own frustrations. last night i'm working on a song in chord view.
right cliked over a marker and one can choose a letter. then i'm thinking "what use are letters of the alphabet to me ?" it would make more sense if the marker lettering said V3 say for verse 3. or B1 for first bridge etc etc that could be typed in by the user ie flexible.
IE LARGE LETTERS. because i find the text above the chord too
small. cos of my eyesight.
charlie, its little things like this that bug me.

HNyear.
muso.

jim fogle.
actually just my 3 wishes in the wishlist would make me a very happy lad. and more rock RT's lol.
you are correct , maybe its how things are organised.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 12/29/20 01:51 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)