Hi Verne, thanks for adding your thoughts and welcome to the forum. You make valid points that are applicable not only to beginners such as yourself but for seasoned users too.

I believe what may be causing your confusion has more to do with terminology and settings rather poor coding. Coding issues are more likely to either cause unexpected results or system crashes rather than operational confusion.

The Part Markers and Medley Maker I demonstrated perform tasks that some did not know exists in BIAB although they've been prominent features in the program for many years. They are rock solid, straight forward performers.

What you and others may find unconventional with my example of the two tools are the settings I used with the Medley Maker. The conventional use is to create a playlist of various BIAB song SGU files and create 2-16 bar transitions between the songs creating a long playing Medley up to the 255 BIAB bar limit.

Notice in my example that rather than use 6 individual SGU files that are different songs, I've used one song broken into 6 sections without any transitions between the sections. This is easily and quickly accomplished with changing settings. Also note these sections can be rearranged to any order desired with a click of the mouse.

When the programmed Medley is generated, the Medley Maker creates a new and temporary SGU file that plays the programmed Medley - so in my example, it plays the original SGU file but it's a simple edit to move sections about and create and experiment, add and delete the song arrangement. This has been possible I'm sure as far back as 2014. Your post is the first I can recall ever being made about the Medley Maker which indicates the design and coding have no issues.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.