Originally Posted By: Museeker
How are you using it Pat?

Cheers Stefan

I use RealBand to create songs for live performances, then I have another copy of Realband on a laptop for live or streamed online performances. At first I used Jukebox to serve up the next song, but overtime I switched to a 3 pedal USB device that can be programmed to send keystrokes to the computer. I programmed the pedals to send the following keystrokes:

[space] which starts or stops playing whatever song is loaded
[ctrl-P]could also be used to play the current song from the beginning

[shift-F8] which loads the next song in the folder

[F4] which saves the song if I make any changes

I put the lyrics and chords on the COMMENTS window, because I can easily copy/paste an entire song to this window when creating my songs, and you can choose whether to have the comments page load automatically with the song.

I put the chords in line with the lyrics like this:
Quote:
(Gmaj7) these are lyrics (Cmaj7) these are more lyrics

because if you put the chords above the lyrics, as is common in many chord sheets, changing the font will mess up your chord positions.
Putting them inline with the lyrics is failproof.
Quote:
doing this makes the chord sheets much harder to maintain:
Gmaj7_____________Cmaj7
These are lyrics______These are more lyrics

here's a link to the USB pedal I use:
USB FOOTSWITCH

Jukebox also works with keystrokes to stop , start and play next song, and you can use the same footswitch with Jukebox. SOmehow I ended up using only RB, and that works too, if you only need a few controls.

in order to arrange my play list so shift F8 calls up the song I want next, I rename my songs with numbers in the order I want to play them. For example:

01_song one.seq
02_song two.seq
03_ song three.seq

shift F8 grabs songs in alphanumeric order, with numbers being selected first.

Hope this is useful