CAN ANYONE BEAT RHARVS NEW PC CONFIG ?
pg long time user rharv blew me away this week with his new pc ryzen 5 config.
1900 trak approx capability real band action>> test audio performance reports.
WOW ! previous best was a pg user reporting acer predator 250 trak count if i remember. my current i5 ssd pc 190 traks.
then i looked up cpubenchmark.net that reports the ryzen 5 with a great 14000 performance figure. darn impressive.
(the intel popular i5 8400 is less at 11000 approx. )

i'm in the process of evaluating my studio pc needs for 2021 onwards.
normally i get refurbs , cos i never get problems with them. never a one.
ive been considering refurb xeon beasts eg this hp z workstation stuffed with ssd's.
a lovely deal imho.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp-z440-workstation-xeon-e5-1620v3-3-5ghz-4-cores-16gb-ram-512gb-ssd-quadro-k2200-4gb-win10-pro-refurbished/14348023

but NOW rharvs RB stats of 1400, have made me do a major rethink regarding hp z refurb.
kudos to rharv.
of course , as anyone knows, multiple instances of high cpu demanding plug ins need more and more pc resources. even more so with many instances of such. eg guitar amp emulation plug ins. which i would like to explore more, but i'm a realist as to resource useage.
so far ive been useing tricks plus my own gtr amps , plus the guitar amp emulations built into reaper
which dont demand loads of cpu in executing dsp code.
you just cant keep on bunging loads of dsp plug ins onto a pc with a low end cpu.

in conclusion, CAN ANYONE BEAT RHARVS RB TRAK COUNT ?
(without spending a small fortune of course. processor cost per unit under 400 buks.)
also, perhaps, if you could also post the following stats, would help in my upgrade decision.
1. win boot time from totally cold to win desktop. (me currently 9 secs to beat.)
2. daw icon to daw trak display, with a decent sized project say 30 traks.(me currently 3 to 4 secs in reaps.)

many thanks, and happy new year to all.
i'm in an upgrade mood.
muso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/09/21 04:36 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)