Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hello Alan,

I had hoped I might be the first to comment on this marvellous tune you put together in that short amount of time. What the heck, you can't be always the first...

It's Sunday morning over hear (softly snowing), so I have more time today than I had when I wrote my last comment.

Of course I have known about Di's poor health but I had not known that she suffered from stroke - what a terrible fate - as a former SLP I treated hundreds of stroke patients with aphasia in my active years and I therefore know all about the sufferings that are caused by this devilish disease. You know that Maha's and my thoughts are with you - you're both very bravel< managing the neverending consequences.

Having heard some songs with Di as the singer I can only repeat that it's a pity second to none that she is no longer able to delight the world with her infinite talent.

Speaking about talent: You just can't hide yours, too, dude ! What a lovely George Benson tribute that is. Yes, his way of playing is immortal and Brent surely picked it up impressively well (like he seems to be a genious with every style anyway).

Thanks for the interesting info on how you put the mix together and how you exchanged single instruments. As good as those ready-to-use styles may be, it's sgreat that we have the possibility to customize them.

Alan, again so good !!!!!

best regards to Di - take good care of each other and stay safe,

Stefan

Stefan ...

Guten Abend, mein fruend! Und, Maha auch.

Where I live now, Alabama, there is hardly ever any snow. Where I grew up, near St. Louis, Missouri, we got snow three or four times each year. Sometimes as much as 20 cm. And when I lived in Germany, we got snow often. I lived near Kaiserslautern, then in Pirmasens, and finally in Wuerzburg.

Thank you for all those nice comments! I appreciate them very, very much. You and Maha are so talented. So, when I get such nice words from you, the mean a lot.

And yes, you and I have spoken about your previous career as an SLP a couple of times in the past. Di's cognitive skills are pretty good. It's more her physical issues that are a problem. I have been diagnosed with anomic aphasia. I'm not sure how to say that in German. I often forget what to call common things. Several months ago, I could not remember the word for keys. All day, I had to say "The thing you use to lock a door or to start a car". I was fine the next day. But I have such episodes every few weeks. Oh well, I could be much worse. So, no complaints!

As far as the approach I used to "assemble" the song, I thought other folks might want to know how I do it. Maybe there's something I said that might be of interest to other composers. "Shadow Box" approach is just a word I use to explain how I layer and place the instruments in the mix. I don't think it's a real musical term - just my way of describing what I do.

As always, it's a true pleasure to hear from you. Please give Maha our very best wishes and hope she continues with her recovery as well as possible.

Wir danken dir fur dein Fruendschaft.

Alan & Di

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops