the work you're doing with vocaloids is fascinating to me David. It's different than what I normally hear, so I have to consciously suppress the rush to judgement that "different" is bad somehow. Funny how subjective preferences influence our ability to hear instrinsic value in music.

The thought occurs to me that there is cinematic value in your work. Its just a matter of time before some producer will be developing a project about an artificial life form who is exploring her self expression through art and music, and you'll be one of a handful of composers who has a body of work to submit.

The thought also occurs to me that a synth vocal backed up by analog instruments is kind of the opposite of Moody Blues and other similar groups where synth instruments back up the human voice. It would be kind of amusing to do a moody blues cover song while reversing all the instrument/singer roles.

But it would also be interesting to hear a fully synth production: a vocaloid choir performing alongside an entirely synth orchestra. The post-human players.

Please be patient with us while we wrap our heads around the future.