Originally Posted By: tommyad
David, I know you’ve been working on synthesized vocals for a long time. They’ve definitely come a long way.

Hi, Tom!

Thanks for the compliment. But it's more that the software has improved.

Quote:
The weaving in and out of the harmony vocal was very well conceived.

I pilfered most of the ideas from The Indigo Girls. wink

Quote:
The song is very melodic and arranged well. The mix is excellent and the drums sound especially good. The only thing I find missing is emotion in the vocal and I understand that is something that may never be achieved by a non human voice. Nevertheless this is an extremely creative and innovative piece of art.

Glad to hear it!

As usual, credit goes to my son on the mix. I'll do the arrangement and what I think is the final mix, and then he'll "fix" it. I used a lot of Neutron in this, but he ended up overriding a lot of the automated choices. And while I originally tried using Ozone on the final mix, I decided that Lurssen sounded better for this particular song.

I was worried that the synthetic voice would distract from the song - especially given the lyrics - but I decided to take a chance anyway. Sort of a trial balloon, so to speak.

Live vocals are always preferred, but I won't rule out synthetic voices if that's what it takes to get the song out the door. Unless people really complain, of course! sick

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?