Sparkle Drops

Back in the fall of 2020, we had a warm, rainy day her in Northern Alabama. Suddenly, the sun appeared as the rain continued to fall. DI and I looked at each as the sunlight turned the raindrops into a tapestry of colors. Almost in unison, we both said, "Sparkle Drops!". Thus, the song title. A couple of young children, across the street from us, were running around in the rain, laughing and squealing. That just made it more special.

A very brief summary of my thought processes as I put this together: It's probably noticeable, almost immediately, that the lead guitar isn't much louder, if at all, than the backing tracks. That was intentional. The left backing guitar track represents the raindrops falling; the right backing guitar represents the aura of such an event - sun shining as it rained. The lead guitar is supposed to recall the thrill of children playing in the falling rain. I thought those various factors were equally important, thus I didn't want any particular one of them standing out more prominently than the other tracks. Thus, I mixed the lead guitar to blend with the other tracks, rather than stand out from them appreciably. I hoped to catch the magic of the total event in balance.

One note: the extremely high guitar note you hear around the 2:13 mark is indigenous to the track, rather than an a recording artifact. No matter how many times you regenerate the RT, that will show up somewhere in the song. I'm guessing it was recorded from the artist's performance for the track. It also shows up earlier in the track, but not as noticeably.

One question: Are the drums necessary? I've debated that over and over. Still not sure.

I'm guessing the genre to be something like Ambient Cinematic Pop?????? Hope you enjoy!

File:Sparkle Drops.SGU

Key=E , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=3:11

Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is _SCREENS.STY (Screens Cinematic Soloist)

RealTracks in style: 1592:Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 3624:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CinematicPopArpDelay Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3626:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CinematicPopArpHiDelay Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3631:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CinematicPopGrittyDarin Ev16 065
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleRadioFunkyBallad16^1-a,b:Snare, HiHat

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops