Originally Posted By: C. Dan Roberts
I wish there were separate showcases for different genres. So songwriters could post in their chosen genre. It is rough if you are a rock writer and your song is covered up with jazz songs and classic music songs. And I have also noticed that there are people living in the showcase that keep certain songs bumped. At least with separate genres it seems fairness would better abound.
C.Dan

By “bumped” do you mean the OP thanking members who have taken time to listen and respond to the post? Does “certain songs” mean their songs? An OP responding to each comment (often to multiple comments in the same response) does not suggest inappropriate bumping to me. If you spend a lot of time on a production and wish to share it I see no issues with keeping it active until the comments are done. Commenting on your own song (not to a response) simply to bounce it to the top is bumping for sure.

Covered up with jazz songs? During my 10 years on the forum I’ve never seen that!

Separate genres as defined by whom? And then would come arguments as to whether or not the song fit that genre smile And folks wanting sub-genres.

BTW PG Music takes the time and effort to list all songs by genre and there are PG Music curated SoundCloud radio stations by genre.

The showcase forum has resulted in us listening to and becoming fans of genres we had not previously been interested in. It has allowed us to make friends and join in on collaborations of multiple genres from folks around the world. It’s a great viable community.

I respect your opinion but have to disagree in particular about the bumping.

A big ole FWIW from the ole guy

Take care and be safe

Bud