Blasting story:

I was sitting in my mobile home one day many years ago. I had Peter Frampton Comes Alive on the stereo and I was learning a few of the songs working on them note for note. THis album had just come out a few months previous and it was starting to hit the airwaves.

Anyway, I'm sitting there working on the songs and generally minding my own business when I hear BANG BANG BANG OPEN UP THIS IS THE POLICE from directly outside my door. Knowing that the neighbors had called the fuzz on me previously, and although I was playing at a much lower volume this time, I nevertheless, peeked out the window to see who actually was beating on my door.

I saw 2 guys standing there. One had a high and tight haircut, could have been Law Enforcement. However, he didn't carry himself like LEO. And the other guy was a long hair guy.... Not LEO.

So I opened the door and the long haired guy says, hey, hope we didn't scare you... yeah, we ain't the cops. We hear you playing the guitar and figured we'd stop in. I invited them in and we talked a bit and they asked me to play what I was playing when they knocked on the door so I did. They asked me if I had any plans for the night. They explained that they had a band and were booked at a local country hole in the wall and asked me to come jam with them if I wanted.

So with nothing to do that night, I agreed and went to jam. They offered to pick up my bar tab. Of course, I don't drink a lot, not even back then, so they got off lightly. At the end of the night they thanked me and asked if I'd like to do it again the following night. Sure....

Saturday night was just as much fun as friday night was. At the end of the night they handed me $100 for gas and a job offer. So I ended up joining the band and went on to play with those guys in 2 different bands for 3 to 4 years.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.