Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
You may want to contact PG Music Support.

I updated my 2009 version of BIAB to 2021 yesterday and was delighted to get the included SynthFont 64 to work perfectly with all my GM soundfonts without any hassle. All instruments loaded automatically just like you described!

As I haven’t bought the 2021 version of PowerTracks with 64-bit support yet, I couldn’t try it there, but of, course, I received the RealBand 2021 with BIAB! So I started it and hoped to have the same experience there. Unfortunately I didn’t.

Firstly, it appears I have to buy a separate version of SynthFont64 if I want to use it outside BIAB. I will gladly do that if I can get it to work, but I couldn’t.

I could load the VSTi and choose it as the default synth for midi and was told I had a 15 day trial period. Great, but there was no sound whatsoever, regardless of what soundfont I loaded in the SynthFont64 options.

So it seems you are onto the solution. Maybe what’s lacking is the general midi instrument patch that PG Music released for BIAB.

If I can get it to work, I will update PowerTracks too. RealBand is a fantastic program (seems underappreciated actually), but I prefer PT for most of my work which mainly involves midi.

www.athleticdesign.se - lean clean games