well - a bit of trial an error. yes you can put a plugin on a subgroup and use it like a mini master bus - i used neutron elements with a main mix preset. the track assistant feature listened to the subgroup and made its suggestion.

bur rharv is right - the PG aux sends its return to the main output bus. on a hardware mixer you can reroute the aux return to the subgroup so the effected signal is changed with the subgroup slider in line with the original signal.

that doesn't happen with the RB mixer. i sent two tracks to a subgroup. the subgroup fader does not affect the track faders - they don't move. i then soloed one of the tracks and took the subgroup fader down to mute the soloed track i still got an audio output of the reverb fx sent on the aux return to the main output bus.

so looks like you can't use aux send and returns with subgroups - the fx return does not respond to subgroup volume slider changes.

i'll put a wish list post on the RB wish list forum. two useful facilities don't work together.

and no I've not get anything better to do during lockdown..........

Last edited by Bob Calver; 02/26/21 12:39 AM.