Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Janne,

I'm glad you are back in the forum with your new song. A very nice and -in a way- reflective song.

"just infinity is present
the absence has no end"

So nicely said, but also a bit desperate...
I'd rather think we're the ones that fade away, but hopefully we'll leave something tangible behind (?)
But I agree that the chorus is the strongest part in your song, not for the lyrics, but for the melody and performance.
Very good!
Your struggle with this song was (a tiny bit) comparable with my lyrics about 'Emily', although it took me a much shorter time to complete the song.

Hans

Thanks Hans for your kind words smile And thanks for quoting that part, it contains the cruelest emotion of the song - I think most of us have had that feeling many times - that you'll (or someone dear) be non-existing to the end of time and beyond. It may not be true, but as a feeling it is desperate, as you said.

I tried to avoid mentioning that we (animals or living things) leave something behind, because that is also something that is going to fade away, in the end.

Life is a struggle, but struggling with our songs is more like a challenge and usually quite rewarding when finally finished.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube