Originally Posted By: Al-David
What a great song! The vocaloid was well executed - especially the harmony. And I, too, was a fan of ELO. It was a little different from most of the pop rock music offered in the 70s. I can only imagine the work involved with created a near-human sounding voice. I applaud your effort and results.

Hi, Alan.

Thanks! Obviously, I didn't end up going for the "real" ELO sound, but I won't rule it out in the future.

I don't want to give the impression that using Synthesizer V is particularly difficult. It's pretty much the same as using an music program with a piano-roll interface, only you can add words to the notes (and then tweak the sound). But it's quite usable out of the box.

Quote:
I've always like that chord progression you use in the opening : tonic followed by the augmented, followed by the 6th and then reversed to tonic resolution. I've heard in a few songs from the 60s and 70sd but not too often since. The Dave Clark Five song "Because" from 1965 comes to mind.

I'd used it on another song I did a number of years ago. It's a very cool sound.[/quote]

Thanks for stopping to listen and comment! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?