Sounds like you prefer to have AUX go to subgroup and then the Main Out.
I use RB/PT a bit different; if I want an effect on a subgroup mix, I put that effect there in the FX area of the subgroup. Then the output of both are controlled by the subgroup slider (easy enough to to save a Preset or Group and use it on the subgroup)
I expect the AUX to be routed directly to the Main Out as a different/separate route.
Depends on your workflow I guess but I see the advantages to both. <grin>

Mainly because I can then send a track(s) to a given Subgroup as you desire and add FX to those tracks via Subgroup FX .. but I can also add them to a 'room' effect AUX with different settings and still control the amount of said track(s) via the AUX send dials, so I get the best of both worlds, but need to pay attention to how I use them.

The flexibility adds complexity. I get that 100%, but once you 'get it', I'm not sure I'd change it.
Especially when you get so many AUX slots to work with; it's a matter of watching the Mixer AUX send dials. Sometimes using just the FX in the Subgroup solves the problem (and remove the AUX send) but sometimes the added option/flexibility makes sense.

Last edited by rharv; 03/02/21 04:24 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome