Eternal Midnight

A very slow, edgy guitar instrumental in 3/4 time with a touch of Blues in a cinematic setting.

First, my apologies to those folks who commented on my previous song but to whom I did not reply. There are numerous reason with which I won't bore you. Also, I didn't want to bring to the first page, again, a song that was buried almost three pages deep.

I promise not to write such a long intro narrative in the future. Just wanted to fill in the newer members of why my wife no longer sings and how her medical issues influence some of my writing.

For those interested: Most of the folks who have been members of the forum for a while are aware of my wife's serious medical issues. Briefly for those who are not aware, she is in constant severe pain, even after medication and rest and has numerous other significant medical concerns that can be life-threatening. She has bone spurs in all but two of her vertebrae and needs both hips replaced. Plus she had a massive stroke several years ago. Her health is too fragile for the hip replacements.

She and I were talking about her incessant pain a couple of weeks ago. She takes substantial amounts of pain medication throughout the day, plus fairly heavy doses of Ambien and Tizanidine so she can sleep at night. She also has severe Restless Leg Syndrome that kick her out of bed and onto the floor several times per month. She has injured herself by kicking herself in the chin and and banging her legs against the night table and bed footboard. She always awakens between midnight and 1:00 AM in agonizing pain and requires another dose of pain relievers. She takes 11 pills and two injections in her stomach daily plus two other meds twice daily. When she wakes up around midnight, she calls it her "never-ending midnight nightmare". Thus the genesis of the song title

The drums represent the ever-present physical pain, which spikes several times daily/nightly. The guitar in the verses indicates the near-torturous, chronic pain she lives with until the nightly meds kick in. The more mellow chord pattern of the choruses represent her sleeping hours, in which her discomfort is masked by the meds. The bass equals the perpetual throbbing from her pain in both her head and her body.

File:Eternal Midnight.SGU

Key=E , Tempo 45, Length (m:s)=3:33

Style is _MORTALS.STY (Mortals Soul Pop Soloist)

RealTracks in style: ~1178:Bass, Electric, PopWaltz Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 3088:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm AmericanaSlow128Mike Sw 040
RealTracks in style: 3722:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopSoulHeldSlow128Brent Sw 040
RealTracks in style: 3723:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopSoulGritSlow128Brent Sw 040
RealDrums [in style:AmericanaSlow128^06-a:Kick Snare, b:Ride Snare

I swapped out the indigenous bass and drum tracks for a more dynamic sound. All other instruments are the original RTs in the Song Style. I wrote a mostly new chord pattern. With a little coaching from me, BIAB worked its usual magic.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops