Originally Posted By: tommyad
Great vocal, lyric and guitar. Very well produced. I’ve been looking at that amp for a while and now I think you just gave me the final push. Looks like a fun thing to take on the road this summer. I really liked this one, Tom

Tom, glad you had a listen and enjoyed the song.

So, the Spark amp. It's certainly a cool little amp. A buddy of mine who also has a studio and has turned me on to some good studio gear, recommended it to me. I'm not sure now of the turn around time, but when I ordered it, there was a back order and it took several months to get it. I think 4 or 5 months....but they did keep you informed via email as they were able to update the progress of the order. the amp is pretty cool as a studio amp and it's got a ton of nice stuff in it. Dozens of Amp and pedal models that you can mix and match plus it lets you save much of it in presets. You can also use it as a straight up amp. The knobs are kinda small and close together... a bit of a pain, and it's a classic knobs on top design.... a pain in the studio if you have it on a tilted back stand. But... using a smartphone or iPad/tablet, no one really needs to touch the knobs anyway..... it has a free app that syncs with bluetooth and lets you control the amp, and access all of the internal models. It is small, and it is light, and it sounds good, and can be quite loud. All pluses. While it has a headphone out, there's no line out or footswitch to change the 4 hardware presets. ALL in ALL.... a great sounding little amp that's easy to carry around with you.

On this recording, the amp was actually running pretty quiet. I think you will probably enjoy this amp. And the while the price is going up, it's still reasonable.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.