Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Simon.
yep "but" an inexpensive 2x2 behringer usb recording interface is 60 buks.

my prediction is , (and i'm quite ready to get egg on my face), that if the little pi ever gets a 3 to 4 ghz processor and still costs under 70 buks, things could get very interesting.
my read of the pi foundation is these are very clever people.
with a beastly pi processor upgrade , say in the next release, a concomitant big rise in users could occur .
we will see.

i guess one problem, on reflection, of offering rb on the pi , is that there are lots of win specific command structures in the rb codebase and api's etc ?.

which makes me ask the question how the hey did reaper and traction waveform programmers do a pi daw multitrack software so swiftly.
i dont know bout traction , but i always understood there was a very small team of coders on reaps.
just a few people.
frankly i wouldnt be in favor of an emulation mode.

best
oldmuso.

It all comes down to how easily they can provide a faster Pi while keeping the price down. AFAIK they want to keep the $35 USD price point for the base version, so it'd be down to cost of parts and engineering (and heat management, might have to add a heatsink to keep in the 3ghz range).

And you're right, there are a lot of Windows specific API's used in RealBand. I'm also not in favour of running RB in an emulator on a Pi, but that's likely as close as we'll get.

I work here