jim111

Yes I agree that the ending needs working on - it slipped past my tired ears
Quote:

I think I would also spend some time riding the volume on some of the instruments

Well I have a real problem with that - on my PC (which is at least 8 years old, it is a Sony Vaio 222) when I try to adjust the volume sliders in RealBand they are not responsive enough i.e. there is a time lag that gets worse the more tracks I have.

If anybody can help me with that I would be most grateful.

Muzic Trax

Thank you for taking a listen and your kind comments.

MarioD

Quote:

I liked the build on the instruments but for me the vox didn’t build with the song. It was the same volume through out.

See my answer above - I haven't yet been able to control the volume whilst the song is playing.
Any tips or help would be marvellous.

Noel96

The song is about the Scottish Pretender to the throne "Bonnie Prince Charming" and how we lost our independence.
We may one day get it back again.

Quote:

One thing that I find handy, is physically to draw the emotional contour as the song develops. It's like drawing a graph. As the song plays, I draw slowly from left to right on some paper. When the intensity of the mix increases (or decreases) I draw up (or down) the paper while still moving left to right. The steepness of my gradients indicates how quick the intensity change occurred. (This was a tip that I picked up from Stephen Webber (grammy award winning producer). I find this approach very helpful when listening to songs I like because it helps me understand how I might develop my own arrangements.)

I will definitely give that a go as I can see how it may be a great help - Thank you Noel

Pat Marr

Quote:

I was expecting you to add some harmony, but it never came.

I am saving up for Melodyne as I find the TC Helicon just a tad too mechanical to my ears.

enjfb

Thank you for taking a listen and your kind comments.

Best regards
michee

Last edited by George Nelson; 03/14/10 05:51 AM.

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory