I read it a whole different way.
I take it that he wants JUST the reverb effect recorded to its own track, which in recording means you are now hard writing that effect as is to it's own track; in other words, you can't go back and change it .. ever, without redoing it.

In this day/age this is not a good work flow since you can keep the effect and adjust it whenever as needed as long as you don't hard write it.

Now to get to my answer.
Open the effect in the FX area (if reverb) and set the MIX to be 100% 'Wet' inside the reverb effect. This is so you get a good signal in the end result for the new track, and you only get the reverb itself (no dry guitar).

Next, Render that track to a Wav file, either using right-click options or simply using the SOLO feature and then rendering it via the Render menu options.

Once rendered to WAV, you can then Import it back into the desired track number using the Import Audio feature.

Then adjust the original track's reverb to whatever you want (assuming you want it NOT 100% wet).

If your end goal is to just have the reverbed guitar on a track, it may be easier to duplicate the track and use 100% Wet on one track, and 0% Wet on another. This would allow keeping your options open in the future.
Unless you need to free up resources by getting rid of real-time plugins, of course.

Hope that helps.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome