Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
I received word from the Development team about this - there already is a log file created in your bb\Data folder that would be called bbw4_64exe_FlashMessageLog.txt (or bbw4_32exe_FlashMessageLog.txt for 32-bit plugins). I've requested to see if they can add in a shortcut button somewhere in the plugin.

Simon, Thank you for following up with my request.

Your answer does not match up with my request. The text files you reference are log files that records the green and yellow messages displayed within Band-in-a-Box. I am aware of these files. Those logs can be viewed by going to Help > Utilities > Display log text of green/yellow messages. Never mind. I now see your post references bbw4 messages. I apologize for my mistake.

I'm requesting a log file that records green and yellow messages displayed in the plugin.

I don't know how many people understand bbw4 is a helper file for the plugin. As the log files are currently named makes it difficult for users to associate with the plugin. It would be nice if the log files could be renamed to something like "plugin32log.txt" and "plugin64log.txt".

Finally, I sincerely believe the most logical place to store the log files are in the storage area PG Music has designated as the public plugin storage location. That would be at \bb\BBPlugin or \bb\BBPlugin\Files.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home