Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Another very cool production. Your stable of talent hasn't let you down yet. Very soon we won't be able to distinguish between AI and human voices, I suspect. You are on the cutting edge.

Hi, Sean.

Thanks! I think the Synthesizer V is certainly a step up from Vocaloid. I've heard some very good tech demos of singing synthesis, but I'm not sure how far from the commercial market they are.

I suspect that the voice I'm using here is actually more a beta version of the voicebank. I think it was the first one that was released. Kanru, the developer, had initially focused on creating an English voicebank for the UTAU.

But since most of the money is in the Asian market, there hasn't been that much focus on getting additional English voicebanks completed. That's a smart marketing move, but a bit of a bummer.

There's an update to this voice scheduled for this Summer. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Quote:
The lyrics are out of this world. For example, the chorus:

"But like the sea sings out softly to the sand (Softly to the sand)
"I still hear the call of Neverland (I still hear the call "Neverland")"

That's beautiful imagery. Bravo!

Thanks! I've been promising myself that I'd use more alliteration in my songs, and I finally remembered to do it here. I can't take full credit though - I was thinking of Poe's "To One In Paradise" when I wrote that:

Such language holds the solemn sea
To the sands upon the shore

Quote:

That's almost as if it's the AI vocalist telling us about herself - "hey, if you love me then aren't I real?" Very cool, a little bit scary, but it is the future coming our way.

Yes, the irony of having a synthetic voice singing the line wasn't lost on me, either. wink

Thanks for you detailed comments!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?