Originally Posted By: acidbent

by the way, I just discovered that this erasing of KeyFrame happens when "Generate ALL' or BBtracks are involved (in RealBand)

if you just generate single track, this doesnt seem to happen...

Originally Posted By: acidbent
is this another bug?

why doesn't RB preserve the volume automation (volume keyframe), when one regenerates all the RealTracks?

this doesnt make sense

I created volume levels for all my tracks, took me 3 hours to do it...

and then I regenerated all my realtracks...

and guess what,,, all my volume level settings (bar by bar) are lost..

doesnt make sense

Sounds like you are trying to run RB in BiaB mode .. and BiaB doesn't support the volume automation at all (well not like RB).
So having those be reset would seem expected here.

When I open a BiaB file in RB, the first thing I do is use the Track - Make all tracks regular tracks option.

THEN I can continue to work like I am in a DAW, but if you are still trying to figure out the song structure BiaB style, RB ain't the place to do it.
It is a DAW that lets you generate BiaB tracks .. not BiaB with extra features.
Otherwise automation and such would be included in BiaB from the get-go.

RB 'borrows' the generate feature from BiaB, but it can't magically do things that BiaB can't do when you are using it in BiaB mode.

You want volume automation? Switch to all tracks being regular tracks.
I don't know how you would expect a newly generated track to work with the previous envelopes; that would be very rare.

Or since you seem to simply be cutting volume to zero and back up for certain sections, maybe using BiaB and the F5 Bar settings would be faster (mute/unmute at various bars).

Use the right tool for your workflow, but don't expect more than the tool can do.
(don't try to cut down a tree with a trim saw)

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome