Hi Mario, Bluage and Scott,

It is nice to hear from you again after my 'break'.
Just like it was yesterday.
Thanks very much for your replies and nice compliments.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hans that was fantastic! Great intro and ending with some outstanding vocal work in between! Super harmonies and lyrics. I thought the mix was spot on!
Great work

The harmonica nearly didn't make it to this song. I had some guitars doing the solo's but I thought it would keep the song a bit dull.
Than I heard that guy with a huge burnout playing that harp. I had to do a lot of rendering before it sounded acceptable. Still, I removed it again, but then missed it. That's how the harp reached the final stage of this song. It is an old RT: nr. 685. Try it!

Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, 'Birchwood'...

With this song, Nice Time After All, I believe you accomplished two things that most songwriters would like to claim for themselves: 1) You composed some blues music that is actually upbeat in its feeling, and made it swinging enough to get people up and onto the dance floor, I'm sure, and, (2) You wrote lyrics that told a story about a familiar problem in relationships, which is that lovers sometimes don't possess the courage, honesty and maturity to tell you directly to your face, "I'm not in love with you anymore," but instead act out these little passive/aggressive behavior dramas such as making dates and breaking them at the last minute with a sorry excuse. In short, you combined some good-time music with some bad-times romantic scenarios that both come together to make one heck of a song that is humorously topical and musically irresistible. I guess you got your creative batteries charged when you stepped back from the forum for a while, eh? Not a bad way to work!

Wow Bluage, that is some nice comment! I showed it to my sons, but they thought I wrote that myself. Terrible kids!
And to be honest about my batteries, no not really. But that had nothing to do with the forum. But I am happy to be back, that's for sure. Thanks for asking.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Ice the hear from you Hans. What a cool into. Made me sit-up in my chair :-)
Cool vocal. Loved the backtrack. Absolutely love that harp. Well done

Hi Scott, I'm happy the song made you sit right up in that lazy chair of yours. As I wrote to Mario (above) the harp nearly didn't make it. But I'm glad it did.
Thanks for the nice comment. I think my next song will make you lie in your bed for the whole day...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130