Quote:
Also I think I see something strange when the VST opens the first time versus the second time. See the proper Setup for Reaper below. You may have both the 32bit and 64bit versions installed? But the resolution of the video is so poor I can't read anything.

Thanks Dan, in all honesty I haven't installed any 32bit blugins for several years. Also I just checked in my "Program FIles (x86)/Common Files/VST3" and BIAB is not there. It is in my "Program FIles/Common Files/VST3" however.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
TVI.
the most important aspect when someone gets a new piece of music software (well any software really) is to understand how to set settings and preferences properly.
the bb manuals are on your pc and they are on this pg home site.
additional vids includeing pg user vids are on you tube.
thus i would suggest you spend some time reading the biab manual etc.
(as your a reaper user the slew of reaper vids at reaper.fm are a wonderfull goldmine of info too.)

i know its a "drag" often reading manuals. but just has to be done in order to get best results. its just human nature wanting quick results and maybe not reading the manual first.
i'm as guilty as anyone. when i first got biab years ago i was excited cos i wanted to make songs quickly. but after a few mistakes i read the manuals. lol.

BUT there is a trick if you ever get "stuck" and nobody is around to help. and it applies to any general windows questions or any questions bout any software includeing bb.
ie just enter in google "biab how to xyz".
where xyz is the item/feature you need to know how to do.

Thanks justanoldmuso, I have a special folder that I can access with shortcuts from both of my computer screens, and I use various manuals quite often, sometimes several times a day, and I might have 2 or 3 up at the same time. I used the BIAB manual a lot when I first started using it, there are a lot of things that are not in the manual. In fact my last post here was for getting BIAB midi files, at the time I thought there were midi files available for all the styles.

Also I watched many videos on BIAB, and as you say, when I need information I search the net, sometimes several times a day.

Quote:
first step is confirming your settings are correct.
1. under the X in reaps. thanks for the info. asio good.
2. komplete good choice. its listed in the pg forums by a user as working well with pg and other software.
BUT IT HAS A CONTROL PANEL.
(see you tube and NI manual re set up for audio/midi)
please post a pic of the NI control panel settings.

Here you go..

Quote:
3. now lets turn to biab.
options>prefs>audio please post a pic of big dialog called
AUDIO SETTINGS AND THEN clik on AUDIO DRIVERS AND POST A PIC TOO OF THAT. ie windows audio devices.
(a lot of info on the dialogs)
4. in reaper preferences post a pic of audio device settings also .

Is this what you're talking about..

Quote:
oldmuso
TVI. ADDENDUM.
at the NI site are some very good help/optimisation guides that i found in the support section.
re settings etc etc.
have you read them ?.eg ...
https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209571729-Windows-Tuning-Tips-for-Audio-Processing

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001102997-Optimizing-Audio-Settings-for-KOMPLETE-AUDIO-1-2-6

Thanks again justanoldmuso, and yes, I'm aware of most all NI info. I actually got started with Kontakt-2 and I'm also a Kontakt instrument developer.
https://todsvirtualinstruments.com/

Thanks to all of you who have replied, it means a lot. I would like to see this problem of crashing addressed, and if there are any Reaper users reading this I would encourage you to make the simple test I show above, to see if you experience this also.