Quote:
Dan Musicstudent. do you see anything that doesn't jive with your bb settings and reaps settings ? cos my vision is v poor. under reaps X are you using a larger amount than 128 ?

I run Reaper at 48K (MOTU ASIO) with the BIAB-VST with no issues. I do however tend to use a higher buffer set at 256 for recording purposes. But I don't think that is an issue here. While I agree Reaper has a ton of settings which need to be optimized, I don't recall that the BIAB-VST required any thing different than any other VST in the regards.

Quote:
Okay Dan, that's good news, did you let it play all the way to the end of the timeline?

Yes I did. I am likely going to load up my laptop with an older version of BIAB to try to duplicate this on my end.

Quote:
I'm sorry Dan but the picture above is the default Reaper theme that I've modified. Something that might be throwing you is the toolbars I have at the top and right side, they are tolobars 1 & 2.

Those tool bars are news to me. I also have been with Reaper for well over a decade and never ventured into the use of tool bars. Did you create all that custom function or are these available for download? -- Just spent a little time with Kenny on the topic of Tool Bars. grin I have always been a menu guy in Reaper. I see how these toolbars could permit you and I to have different defaults to many of the features since you have studied these deeper than I.

Quote:
You know Reaper has so many settings, it's possible it could be a simple setting, and if so, it would be good to know about it.

Again, I did not set anything special for BIAB-VST. I run Lots and Lots of VSTs. As many as most and more than some.

Quote:
Actually Dan, you'll notice that the track I put BIAB on is up in the TCP and the Reaper MASTER is in the MCP. I don't know how to make my video at a higher resolution. maybe it's the aspect ratio, I took the video on a 1440p, not a 1080p, could that be it?

Ya, that video is a good effort, but a total bust for our purposes here. I see the Master but don't see the track in the MCP. Tell me your not just using your cell phone to video the screen? There are many fine free tools to get a screen capture video with proper resolution.

Let me fire up the laptop today and try to reproduce with the older versions of the software. However, I just can't believe that will be the problem. I don't think this is a bug in the BIAB-VST. We ran that older version for months before it was retired and it was stable. I am betting on your customization of Reaper! Do you have a Plain Reaper install or can you download the portable Reaper and test??

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper