TVI.
without knowing reaper and biab at the deep computer programmer level; it is difficult for any user like myself to comment further because there are just too many variables. like custom actions as an example.
for example i dont know what is happening in reaps code or biab's code when a stop command is issued. maybe there is some added process tripping up things when a custom action/script is involved.

how one user does custom actions/scripts might be very different from another. i'm sure biab coders code for the normal expected reaps operation.
whether this is an issue i dont know. only pg can comment on that as they know their own code.
there might be things going on internally within reaps and biab that neither dan nor i know about. ie this is moving into areas i dont feel qualified to comment on further cos i just dont know.
even if dan runs a test and finds everything works or not it might not explain things without knowing the internal programming of reaps and biab.

its a pity pipeline hasnt been involved in this thread cos he knows actions/scripting etc in great detail. and has posted many interesting procedures on these forums.
he is on the reaper forum ; if that helps at all.

vaguely....
(and i might be wrong in this ..ex tech/songwriter getting old lol) but awhile back i seem to remember pipe and Dr Gannon haveing an interesting discussion relating to daw/biab interaction , and DR Gannon explaining why biab could not do certain things which technically made sense to me. whether the issues your haveing are related i dont know.

all i will say in conclusion is IF in normal reaps operation STOP is not causeing a crash BUT as part of a custom action/script it IS AND GIVEN that probably biab is coded to interract with reaps in one expected way only per VST(i) programming rules THEN this might be a clue as to the crash aspect.
frankly this might be just one of those situations with no resolution.

sorry i cant help you further TVI ; above my pay grade. lol.
the coders who know both reaps and biab internals need to get involved in this imho.

best
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/13/21 01:26 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)