Hi Marty, Floyd, Scott and Captain Moto,

Thank a lot for your very kind comments on my song. I hope the topic did nothing bad to you.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Ok, I quickly put up that comment in case I list my position. wink Oh, yeah, Hans, that melody is haunting, especially in three-quarter time. I was kinda waiting for a change in time signature. hehe. Man, this is a cool song. I don't really see getting old to be so sad, but maybe I'm just in denial, huh? A wonderful production, Hans. Your vocal carries it, and I really like the harmony. The passion makes me want to reach out a hand and help you up while you're losing ground. That's the way to engage your listeners.

Marty, as I said you fooled me with your first reaction! The song was in 140 bpm, so a time change would be too difficult. and are you refering to my other waltz (Beautiful night)?
I'm very happy with your gesture to reach me a hand, Marty. But only if that hand is filled with a glas of Cuba Libre! But just one, or I loose ground very soon! But thanks for your nice comment!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
Excellent. Good write. Cool music. There is a bit of a Bowie vibe.
Super arrangement. Nice instrument choices. Really good mix. Good vocals.
One of your very best!! Very much enjoyed.
fj

Floyd, you flatter me with your comments. Now I have to be careful not to get vain!
A Bowie vibe... wow! Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Lovely song Hans. Sometimes they come fast and some songs have to be slow cooked. I must say this is a very cool song. Super vocal and lyric. Love the way you processed the vocal. Backtrack was just excellent. Well done..

Scott, It's so right what you say; 'sometimes to be slow cooked. Thanks a lot for your observations on the song!

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
June's contribution sounds like it should be a September song.
Don't give away the future to those who have little past.
Very Nice.

moto

Captain Moto, I wrote a post here, just before this post to the four of you. The right time of year for songs is a feeling. In december you can easily get depressed by these kind of songs. Maybe june is still good ? And what a nice sentence about giving away future! I might use it in a song in september ;-)
Thanks!

Thanks for listening and have a very nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130