Hi Paul, the VST does not need a driver as it is a plug-in for your DAW and the DAW has the needed driver. In other words the VST piggybacks on the DAW's driver, thus it does not need its own driver.

ASIO is a one trick pony; that is it will only work on one program at a time. So if you have ASIO on both your DAW and BiaB then you would have to turn one off to run the other. The best way to have both active simultaneously is to have your DAW on ASIO and BiaB on either MME or WAS.

It is best to have the sample rate the same in BiaB and your DAW. BiaB is 44.1 KHz by 16 audio bits depths, the same as all CDs. However you can have higher sample rates and bit depths in your DAW but not only do they take up more HD space the returns don't justify that space. I keep my DAW at 44.1 x 24. You may select other settings.

I hope this helps.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware