Originally Posted By: MicWells
i guess I can test it using the yamaha steinberg ASIO driver for my mixer, but aside from the bitrate problem - I sometimes can't use 48000, the mbox seems to work fine.

Using a driver that is not built for the operating system you're using can lead to many issues that may not be directly related to using the driver itself. I have an Mbox2 here that I've used on Windows 10, and it has caused a number of strange unrelated problems - which is normal considering the device is 16 years old and hasn't had a driver update in over a decade. I'd say completely disconnect the Mbox and try using your Yamaha/Steinberg, or just use your internal sound card using Windows Audio or MME instead of ASIO.

I am tempted to get a a focusrite, but I have been broadcasting and recording quite a bit with fairly good results with the mbox. My gut tells me the bugs in the new harmony feature are just that - bugs..

If it was a bug, it would affect all of us equally. Seeing as the rest of us are unable to duplicate the crashing issue, it indicates that the problem is specific to your system in some way.

BTW, my windows is always the newest release. 19041.vb.191206.1406

That version of Windows is the April 2020 update (Windows 10 version 2004) - there have been two major Windows 10 updates since then. Build 19043.1052 (Windows 10 version 21H1) is the latest as of this writing - try upgrading to that version if using the Steinberg or internal sound doesn't help.

I work here