Uncle Paul.
Re: COMPLICATED.
that about sums it up accurately.
frankly (haveing worked in crazy tech for a few years) i feel the tech industry has done a very poor job on the human to computer interraction.
But there is hope.
the reason the amazon fire tablet impresses me is its not only "fun" but very easy to use and affordeable.
it boots very fast and i can get around the net very fast to get the info on a new recording product fast that i'm researching.

frankly i started this thread because i was VERY CONCERNED bout the struggles that people new to recording have.
i STILL believe PG would get a lot of kudos with some , what i might call "set up vids" as i mentioned earlier.
ie addressing common problems a new user comes across.
as well as "what do all those audio/midi preference settings" mean in biab and rb ?
just simple stuff like "what do those little boxes all mean that are in the audio settings dialog of bb" etc etc

yes i KNOW there are manuals/faq's.
but how many people bother to read them ?
hopefully people might watch vids.
We had EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM TIME AFTER TIME IN INDUSTRY with loads of end users.
we would create beautifull manuals that cost big bucks but only a few hard core users bothered to read them.
its human nature eh ?

but even with such vids provided, it is very difficult to deal with users who just refuse to learn even the basics of their computer.
i ACTUALLY have known many many end users over the years who refuse in win to learn even the very basics of things.
same on mac. if the user wont learn even the basics of MAC OS use and its features. there will be problems.

(dont get me wrong i think the new m1 macs are nice except i would like more ports )

in summary the uppermost question in my mind is how does tech industry deal with the above type of user ? how does tech industry make it easier for the above type of user to learn ?. who refuses to even learn the basics ?
THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME CHALLENGE for tech industry.

its ok for people like simon or myself or lots of pg users on here that are tech savvy and can solve a tech issue.... but what about people who are not ? how does tech address that type of user and help them ? tis a QUANDARY. that i dont think is easily solved.

best
oldmuso

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)